We’re getting closer and closer to the new date for Jessica’s surgery. At the moment, I feel quite calm about it all, although I suspect that may change over the weekend as the reality of going back into hospital hits home again. This week has been all about enjoying the ordinary little moments of family life. Having hubby home again, being together, taking things easy.
Both the girls have had coughs and colds this week. Sophie was off preschool at the beginning of the week with it and Jessica was off school yesterday. I’m hoping that we manage to shake off the bugs over the weekend as Jessica is due to go in to hospital on Monday for her “sleepover” and her surgery is planned for Tuesday.
I’m continuing to draw strength from my faith. It has helped hugely so far knowing that we are in the thoughts and prayers of so many family and friends as we get ready to take this next step in our heart family journey.
Things I have loved this week:
- Watching Jessica and Sophie help put out the sweets ready for tuck after Girls’ Brigade.
- Going for a lovely autumn walk with hubby and our girls.
- Seeing Jessica taking part in the Remembrance Sunday parade with her friends from Girls’ Brigade.
- Listening to Jessica reading and hearing how much more confident she is at it.
- Setting up the Rose Petal Cottage playhouse for the first time in ages and watching the girls having fun playing in it.
- Sophie taking her “babies” to the park in their pram.
- Watching Jessica and Sophie having fun decorating fairy doors.
- Taking festive-themed photos of the girls for this year’s Christmas card.