As the date for Jessica’s surgery draws closer, I find myself drawing comfort and strength from my faith. Reminding myself that I don’t have to rely on my own strength to get through this; that I am not alone. In those moments when my fear overwhelms me, I have poured my heart out in prayer, and found comfort in doing so.
“I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” (Philippians 4:13)
This is the verse I have held on to throughout our journey as a heart family. It’s one that helps me now. The reminder that God will give me strength for the road ahead. I will put my trust in him as we prepare to head into hospital and pray that Jessica’s surgery will go well.
All those little ordinary moments seem very precious this week. I am thankful for the everyday things – snuggles with my girls in the morning; watching them play together; listening to their chatter. Little moments that I want to be able to bottle up and keep. Wanting time to go as slowly as possible; wanting to hold both my girls as close as possible.
It’s been hard with hubby being away – hard for all of us. The girls miss their daddy; I find it hard being alone with my thoughts and he just wants to be home with us and to be able to enjoy those little moments as a family.
Jessica continues to take it all in her stride. She wants to play with her Playmobil hospital every day; she tells me what she wants to take to the hospital with her and asks how many sleeps there are left until her “sleepover” at the doctors. I am so thankful that she is not anxious about this next step on her journey. It helps give me the strength I need to stay positive for her.
I’ll be sharing updates about Jessica’s surgery on her blog over the coming days. If you could keep us in your thoughts and prayers that would be very much appreciated.
For now though, I’ll focus on enjoying the weekend and these last few days of normality before we step on the rollercoaster that is hospital life.
Things I have loved this week:
- Seeing how much Sophie enjoyed her birthday. We had a morning at home opening presents, went out for lunch and then spent the afternoon at the park having ice-cream and playing in the playground.
- Spending a day visiting my family.
- Baking Halloween themed cupcakes for Sophie’s preschool Halloween party.
- Finishing off half-term with a day out at Legoland.
- Singing songs at bedtime and working my way through the various requests.
- Getting crafty together and making a Nativity scene in a shoebox.
- Jessica and Sophie creeping into my bed in the night and snuggling up together.
- Sophie’s preschool photos.