The Friday Fabulous Five is my regular feature where I share five of my favourite posts that I have read in the previous week. However, as this week is CHD Awareness Week, I’m focusing instead on five posts about CHD that I’d like to share with you:
- This post from Samuel Davy’s Journey – a blog charting the journey of a little boy who has HLHS, the same heart condition that Jessica has, is a beautiful reminder about having faith in the future: http://samueldavy.wordpress.com/2014/10/13/faith-in-the-future/
- Heart Mammi reflects on her journey as a heart mammi and shares what she would say to herself if she could go back to the day of diagnosis and to other parents who’ve just found out their baby has a CHD: http://www.heartmammi.co.uk/2015/02/heart-week-2015-to-mammi-whos-just.html
- Scribbles and Crumbs describes the world of CHD in a heartfelt post about why fighting congenital heart disease matters: http://www.scribblesandcrumbs.com/2015/02/05/little-hearts-matter/
- Slow Slide to Sanity shares some thoughts on the realisation that her son’s CHD will never been ‘cured’: http://slowslidetosanity.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/chd-awareness-day-4-realization.html
- Ella’s Journey shares the day-to-day reality of life as a heart family and why CHD awareness matters 365 days a year: http://elladawn.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/chd-awareness.html
I’ll be back to the usual format of my Friday Fabulous Five next week but I hope you enjoy reading these posts and learning a little more about congenital heart defects and life as a heart family. You can also find some of the posts that have previously featured on my Friday Fabulous Five over on Pinterest board.