I’ve been revisiting memories this week. We spent last weekend in Torquay for the Land’s End – John O’Groats Association awards dinner. Sophie was awarded the Jack Adams/Richard Elloway trophy for being the youngest person to journey from Land’s End to John O’Groats last year and we all received our certificates for completing the journey. It was lovely to relive last summer’s travels and to chat to other End-to-Enders about their journeys.
We took a detour on the way home to go to a friend’s 40th birthday party. Back in my ballroom dancing days, hubby and I both competed in acrobatic rock ‘n’ roll. Hubby’s dance partner Alex and my dance partner Gavin are also married to each other and it was Gavin’s 40th birthday. We got to catch up with a few old friends from our dancing days and had a fun afternoon playing lots of different family games. There were many moments of revisiting old memories along the way too!
With February being Heart Month, I have also been revisiting our journey as a heart family and sharing our story to help raise awareness of congenital heart defects. I’ll be sharing a few heart-related posts on my blog over the next few weeks as part of this.
This week, I also shared a guest post on Toby Goes Bananas as part of the Remembering Childhood series. I quite enjoyed revisiting some childhood memories and taking part in this!
Things I have loved this week:
- An afternoon at Babbacombe model village.
- Watching the girls having fun at the beach and paddling in the sea with their wellies on.
- Jessica’s delight at seeing Stonehenge up close.
- Being featured by Diary of an Imperfect Mum in the January round-up for #ABloggingGoodTime
- Doing some Valentine’s crafts and making tissue paper hearts.
- Sophie’s dance moves at our BilinguaSing French class.
- Snuggles from my girls at bedtime and Sophie telling me “Mummy, you’re so beautiful. I love you very much.” Could there be any better compliment than that?