The Friday Fabulous Five is my regular feature where I share five of my favourite blog posts that I have read in the previous week – posts that have made me laugh, made me cry or made me think. With this week being Heart Week, my Friday Fabulous Five is all about other heart family bloggers. Here are five fabulous posts which give a little insight into the world of life of as a heart family and the impact that CHD has on our lives:
- Heart Mammi shared a post about how her world shrinks to those few days in the run-up to hospital appointments and how she can’t think beyond that date – a feeling that I can certainly relate to, especially with surgery dates.
- In those days following Jessica’s diagnosis, there were so many different reactions from those around us – friends, family and complete strangers. Beth in a Box identifies five broad groups that people fall into when talking to you during a tough time and this certainly rang true for my own personal experience too.
- Mama Ain’t Raising No Fools shared a very open and honest post about her son being diagnosed with Transposition of the Great Arteries (TGA) shortly after birth and the rollercoaster ride from diagnosis, through surgery, being on ECMO and finally being able to come home.
- Northumberland Mam shared a post full of facts about congenital heart defects to help raise awareness for CHD Awareness Week. She and her two daughters were all born with CHDs and if you want to learn more about CHDs, her post is a great place to start.
- Scribbles and Crumbs shares a beautiful post of encouragement to all the heart parents out there – if you’re a heart parent, this will definitely resonate with you, no matter where you are on your journey –
I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did and have a good weekend! You can also find some of the posts from past weeks on my Friday Fab 5 board over on Pinterest.