Today is our 8th wedding anniversary. Like all married couples we have had our ups and downs over the years. There have been many moments when I have focused on the things that my husband does wrong rather than the things he does right. There are moments when he drives me crazy. We have times when we take each other for granted; times when we lose ourselves a little in being Mummy and Daddy. Sometimes we just need to remind ourselves of the reasons why we fell in love with each other and reconnect as a couple.
Last Christmas, I made hubby a book filled with 96 things that I love about him; each one with a hand-drawn illustration. It took me three months to make the book for him. I can still remember his reaction when he opened it on Christmas Day. The hours I spent on it were well worth it for that moment. I may not tell him often enough just how much I love him and why but this was my reminder of all the little things that make him just right for me.
Here are 25 things that I love about my hubby:
1) He gives the best hugs ever.
2) He is an amazing daddy.
3) He loves doing crazy challenges as a family just as much as I do.
4) He likes to surprise me by remotely playing love songs on the Sonos (or Google Home) when he is away.
5) He works hard to support his family.
6) He makes me laugh.
7) He encourages me to do the things I love doing and shows an interest even when they are not things that he enjoys doing.
8) He gives me strength.
9) He loves me even when I am tired and grumpy.
10) He knows me better than anyone else and I can truly be myself when I am with him. He has seen me at my worst and encourages me to be the best I can be.
11) He is spontaneous.
12) He shares my faith.
13) He has integrity.
14) He is a good dancer and will often have a little dance with me in the kitchen.
15) He is thoughtful.
16) He is not afraid to admit when he is wrong and change if needed.
17) He can sing well and is happy to get up on stage and sing duets with me.
18) He is always there when it matters most.
20) He is creative.
21) He knows just how to comfort me and our girls when we are upset.
22) No matter how tough things seem, he never gives up on us.
23) He is terrible at remembering the words to songs and makes the words up as he goes along, which always makes me laugh.
24) He is full of fun.
25) He is my best friend.