The first half-term of the school year is almost done and as always, it seems to have gone by rather quickly. Thomas has enjoyed his first half term at school and Sophie is enjoying being in year 4. Jessica’s year group are away on a residential school trip this week. I wonder how she would have enjoyed doing that.
Our term-time routine is a hectic one with all the various after-school activities, but we always start the day with ‘snuggle time’ on the sofa. Jessica is often included in the snuggle, either through her photo cushion or her blanket. I’m glad that she is part of these little everyday moments with her siblings.
Thomas (4 years 2 months)
- Enjoyed having Mummy come along to the Harvest festival at school and visiting his classroom for the open afternoon.
- Loves having a friend to hold hands with on the walk between his school and Sophie’s school. He’s particularly friendly with one little girl in his class and a couple of little girls in Year 1.
- Has been learning the names of the planets and dwarf planets in the solar system.
- Enjoyed going to his first school disco.
Sophie (8 years 11 months)
- Now has her Juniors uniform for Girls’ Brigade and renewed her promises at the enrolment service. It was lovely to see so many of the Brigades at the service, although I kept looking amongst the Explorers for her, forgetting she’s moved up!
- Was unexpectedly sent home from school after one eye swelled up with no obvious cause. The doctor thought it was an allergic reaction to something and thankfully it was better after a couple of days of regular Piriton. She suffers from hay fever in spring and early summer and we’d strimmed the garden a couple of days before so I suspect it might be related to that.
- Has been busy practising her dancing ready for this year’s round of festivals, which start again next week.
- Loved going to the school disco again. It’s been three years since the last one!
Jessica (forever 6 years 7 months)
- Has a new vase at her forever bed. I was also given some bulbs to plant there. The ones I planted last year didn’t do very well so I’m hoping for better luck this time.