We managed to avoid the coughs and colds at the start of the new school year, but the second half of term has seen both Sophie and Thomas having time off school due to being unwell. We’ve had lots of quiet time and snuggles on the sofa together.
Thomas is a bit like Jessica was – colds and other bugs always seem to hit him a bit harder than they do Sophie. Sophie tends to be the one that bounces back from these things the quickest. Thankfully though they’re both back to their usual happy selves.
Thomas (4 years 3 months)
- Has been learning the names of all the US states and capitals thanks to his current favourite video on YouTube Kids.
- Is enjoying school but doesn’t always grasp that his friends might not want to be touched and hugged, which is something we’re having to work on.
- Tried ice-skating for the first time but wasn’t very keen.
- Loves snuggles on the sofa.
Sophie (9 years 0 months)
- Enjoyed dancing at Maidenhead Festival and came home with a couple of medals – a bronze for her song and dance and a gold for her tap.
- Had a lovely birthday and enjoyed her outdoor party at Denham Country Park.
- Had a glowing report at parents’ evening and got a Brainiac award at school for working on her English targets.
- Enjoyed going to the Brigades’ fireworks evening and toasting marshmallows over a fire pit.
Jessica (forever 6 years 7 months)
- My Facebook memories has been coming up with a lot of video clips of Jessica and Sophie recently as Jessica was due to have her Fontan surgery at this time of year five years ago, although it got postponed twice before it finally took place just after Christmas. One particularly beautiful memory is from when the girls said goodbye to each other at the hospital as Sophie was going to stay with Nanny. Jessica was so gentle with her sister, telling her to have a nice time with Nanny and to tell her all about it when Sophie came to visit after the operation. She wasn’t remotely worried about her surgery; she just wanted to make sure that Sophie would be okay.