We’ve had the last half-term break of this school year and it won’t be long before the school year is over and the summer holidays are here again. We had some lovely days out over half-term and Sophie and Thomas both had some nice moments of one-to-one time with me as well. I tend to have my one-to-one time visiting Jessica while her siblings are both in school as I like to have that time for myself.
There was a lovely moment in the holidays when Sophie decided to raid the dressing up box and dress Thomas in various dresses. He was very tolerant of her dressing him up! It made me smile and remember the times when it was Sophie and Jessica dressing up in princess dresses and playing together and I’m sure Jessica would have absolutely loved seeing her little brother dressed up even if perhaps she might have been a little too grown-up at 11 to want to join in herself.
Another moment which Jessica would have loved was Sophie and Thomas holding hands and rolling down a hill together. Jessica loved rolling down hills – she could never resist doing so whenever we were anywhere hilly! I like to think she’d have joined in with that one too!
Those little moments in the holidays are so beautiful, but bittersweet too. They bring back beautiful memories of my girls together and make my heart ache for all the moments that might have been if only Jessica was still here with us. But I’m glad that Sophie and Thomas have those beautiful moments and grateful for the beautiful memories that I have from all those lovely sibling moments with Sophie and Jessica too.
Thomas (4 years 10 months)
- Loved having some Mummy – Thomas time during half-term doing the planets trail at Ruislip Lido while Sophie was at a drop-off day.
- Enjoyed a day out at Whipsnade Zoo during half-term and having a butterfly land on him in the butterfly house.
- Enjoyed going on a school trip to SeaLife Brighton.
- Seems to be much happier at school and calmer in the afternoons after school as well.
Sophie (9 years 7 months)
- Successfully auditioned for The Wizard of Oz and will be playing a munchkin. I’m really looking forward to us being in a show together again.
- Loved seeing her BYT friends at auditions for The Little Mermaid and was delighted that her audition was successful. The full cast list has yet to be announced but her place in the company has been confirmed.
- Enjoyed showing Mummy her school work at her school open afternoon.
- Enjoyed performing at Mid Bucks dance festival and got a 4th place medal for her tap solo. It was her last festival performing in ‘A’ section – she moves up to the next age group for her next festival in July.
Jessica (forever 6 years 7 months)
I had a few songs come on the radio on my way home from visiting Jessica’s forever bed that had significance for me with remembering Jessica. I’ve not always felt able to listen to them when I’ve heard them but having them come on one after the other felt like a little message from my beautiful big girl and made me smile as well as tear up.