Today’s 40acts challenge is to ‘bless the boss.’ One of the suggested challenges is to write them a letter to say ‘thank you’. As I work part-time for my husband’s company, my hubby is also my boss. For this month’s ‘Me and You’ post, I thought I would combine the two and reflect on the things that I am thankful for.
Thank you hubby for the big things:
- For being my rock. You have provided me with love, strength and support during all the dark and difficult moments we have gone through since the day we became heart parents.
- For loving me even when I am at my most unlovable. You always see the person I try to be underneath the prickly exterior that I all too often show.
- For the many years of happy memories that we have shared together. The holidays, the fun days out, performing together in concerts and shows. So many wonderful moments shared.
- For holding my hand and telling me that I could do it. You were a huge source of strength to me when I gave birth to our two daughters.
- For being the wonderful daddy that you are.
- For working so hard every day to enable me to stay at home full-time with the children. It’s a blessing that I don’t always appreciate as much as I should.
Thank you hubby for the little things:
- For the times you’ve taken charge and made sure that I could grab some extra sleep.
- For being the one who always mows the lawn and does the DIY jobs. You’re much better at these things than I am!
- For letting me warm my cold feet against you on a winter’s night.
- For hugs and kisses and saying “I love you” on a daily basis. I always feel so loved when I am with you.
- For the times you tell me I’m beautiful even when I don’t feel like I am.
- For the joy I see on our children’s faces when you walk in the door. I love to hear their squeals of delight when you pick them up and spin them around.
- For enabling me to have time to blog because you know how much I love to write.
- For every time you’ve remotely accessed our sound system and made it play ‘I Just Called To Say I Love You’. It’s such a lovely way to let me know you’re thinking of me when you’re away working. It makes me laugh when you announce your arrival home in a similar fashion by making it play ‘Daddy Cool’.
- For all the morning cups of coffee. Not forgetting the lovely family snuggles in bed at the weekend too!
- For every stinky nappy change that I didn’t have to do myself!
- For every spider that you’ve trapped and taken outside because I’m too nervous to.
There are so many more things I could list and I am thankful for all of them. All too often, I am quick to see what hasn’t been done, the little things that get missed or forgotten. I forget about the many things that do get done, all the little moments of help that I take for granted. Today’s challenge has been a good prompt to stop, remember and acknowledge them.
This month’s photos were taken at our friends’ twins’ naming day yesterday. They’re not the best quality unfortunately but capture a moment. A brief moment spent together, enjoying each other’s company while the girls had fun running around the gardens. It’s been a busy month again with hubby away working for much of it. We haven’t managed a date night together this month either. Thankfully we have a family holiday coming up though. I’m looking forward to spending lots of quality time together.