We’ve had a little birthday boy this week with Thomas turning three on Monday. I can’t quite believe my baby boy is three already – it really doesn’t seem very long ago that he was a tiny baby. He had a lovely day and enjoyed opening all his presents. Sophie was a little frustrated over his leisurely pace though – she was keen to find out what all the presents were whereas Thomas wanted to stop and play with each new thing as he opened it!
Sophie enjoyed her three days staying with Auntie Loraynne last weekend. They went to the beach a couple of times and she also had fun at the fair and in the arcades. She certainly had lots to tell me when she came home!
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 204 – I am grateful for Sophie’s excitement at getting to have a sleepover at Auntie Loraynne’s house.
- Day 205 – I am grateful for all the photos and videos of Sophie having fun with Auntie Loraynne and Uncle Pete. I’m missing my baby girl but I’m glad she’s having such a wonderful time.
- Day 206 – I am grateful for the hard work, faith and dedication of all my fellow elders and all those who have helped to hold our church community together, find new ways to worship and explore our faith together and make them happen. I’m also very thankful for being able to have congregational singing again today at our elders’ ordination/induction service and chat over tea/coffee afterwards in person.
- Day 207 – I am grateful for three years of Thomas! Happy birthday beautiful boy xxx
- Day 208 – I am grateful that Sophie and Thomas enjoyed taking part in ‘Meet the Reptiles’ and getting to hold lots of different reptiles.
- Day 209 – I am grateful for the way that Sophie makes Thomas giggle and how well they entertain each other when I need to focus on the to-do list.
- Day 210 – I am grateful for fun trying to grow a rainbow with Sophie.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Sophie writing her list of summer activities that she’d like to do – and including some she’s already done so she could tick them off!
- Enjoying an ice-cream and a walk around Langley Park.