It’s been quite an exciting half-term for us on the whole – especially for Sophie who has been competing in her first ever dance festival as well as celebrating her eighth birthday this week. She’s been telling me that it’s been the best half-term ever so far and we’ve still got a meet-up with a friend, a sleepover with her auntie and cousin and her birthday party yet to go!
I’ve been so proud of Sophie this week. It has been an absolutely delight to watch her performing and see how much she enjoys dancing. She was thrilled to be awarded a silver medal with her duet partner for their routine on Tuesday and a gold medal for her tap solo yesterday. She has one more performance left to go at the weekend which will be the group dance.
Her performances have very nicely fallen either side of her birthday so she had the whole day free to enjoy that. I can’t quite believe that my baby girl is eight already. We had a fairly quiet day, spent mostly at home enjoying her presents and a birthday tea with Grandma and Grandad, although we did venture out for a walk around Black Park in the afternoon.
My mum came to stay last weekend and Sophie and Thomas loved getting to spend time with Nanny. My husband and I made the most of the opportunity for a couple of date nights, celebrating a family friend’s 70th birthday and finally getting to see Hamilton, after having to postpone our original trip due to the first lockdown. It was such an amazing show and well worth the wait to get to see it.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 295 – I am grateful for a night out at a party with my husband while Nanny enjoys time with the children.
- Day 296 – I am grateful for finally getting to see Hamilton having originally had tickets for the first weekend that we were in lockdown last year.
- Day 297 – I am grateful that the children had fun getting to pick a couple of pumpkins and some corn.
- Day 298 – I am grateful that we were able to do the Monsters and Magic Halloween trail at Black Park before taking Nanny home again. Was so lovely having her here for the weekend.
- Day 299 – I am grateful that Sophie enjoyed her first time dancing in a dance festival and was so chuffed that she and her duet partner got a medal for 2nd place in their section. Was so lovely to watch them both perform, they did so well.
- Day 300 – I am grateful for eight years of Sophie. Happy birthday beautiful girl!
- Day 301 – I am grateful that Sophie performed so well in her tap solo today and got a gold medal for her performance. So proud of this little girl of mine.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- My photo of our church being included in the 2022 URC calendar.
- Reaching a 2000-day streak on Duolingo.
- Sophie and Thomas getting dressed up for a Halloween arts and crafts session.
- Joining a Zoom chat at church to wish one of our church members a happy 101st birthday. He and Sophie share the same birthday, as do two other church members.