We’ve had a lot of fun over the last week. It was hubby’s birthday on Monday and the weekend before his birthday felt like one big party weekend. We had a birthday party in his parents’ garden on Saturday and then repeated it again on a slightly smaller scale the next day with a few friends who weren’t able to make it the day before. We had a bouncy castle in the garden both days and I’m not sure who enjoyed it more, the kids or the adults!
Last Friday we enjoyed a family day out in London. It’s the first time I’ve been in London since the start of the pandemic. I was a little apprehensive about going on the tube but it was quieter than I expected and most people were wearing face coverings. The children both thoroughly enjoyed going on the train and on the Emirates Air Line.
While I’ve still felt a bit overstretched this week, I have been able to push the to-do list aside and focus more on having fun with the children instead. We’ve had the paddling pool out in the garden and have enjoyed getting out for various activity sessions. I’m conscious that the summer holidays are rapidly coming to a end. This time next week Sophie will have started junior school. The to-do list can wait for a few more days. I’m trying to make the most of these last few days of summer before we’re back into normal routines again.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 232 – I am grateful for a fun day out at SEA LIFE London Aquarium™ thanks to Merlin’s Magic Wand Charity and Halo Children’s Foundation.
- Day 233 – I am grateful that everyone seemed to have fun at hubby’s birthday party and that the weather was better than expected.
- Day 234 – I am grateful for fun having a garden sports day.
- Day 235 – I am grateful for a lovely family meal out to celebrate hubby’s birthday finished off with a very yummy cake made by Sophie.
- Day 236 – I am grateful for some outdoor arts and crafts.
- Day 237 – I am grateful for a successful shopping trip into town and for finding that the kids’ feet are still the same size when getting them measured at the shoe shop which made it a much less expensive shopping trip than anticipated!
- Day 238 – I am grateful for a fun morning at the children’s centre family fun day.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Reminiscing about university days with friends.
- Sleepy snuggles with Thomas.