I’m feeling a little overstretched this week. It’s just been one of those weeks where there have been a few too many balls to juggle. A week where I’ve had a few too many late nights trying to catch up on tasks that need doing and a few too many frustrating moments where brief windows of opportunity to do said tasks end up being repeatedly interrupted. A week of trying to make sure I’m getting enough quality time in with the children and working out what balls can be dropped to make that happen. Trying to get the right balance of things I need to do, what my children need from me, and things I want to do. Some weeks are just a bit crazy like that. Hopefully next week will be a little less hectic.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 225 – I am grateful for my pretty new mosaic coaster from Cerys’ Art. It reminds me of a mosaic tile Jessica made during our last family day out with her.
- Day 226 – I am grateful for perfect weather for a church picnic.
- Day 227 – I am grateful for haircuts for Thomas and Daddy followed by lunch at the HALO play café.
- Day 228 – I am grateful that my piano has been tuned.
- Day 229 – I am grateful for friends where no matter how long it’s been since you last saw each other, it’s always as easy and comfortable being in each other’s company as if you only saw each other yesterday. Admittedly it took the children a few more minutes to find their feet with each other again but was lovely to see them all having fun together.
- Day 230 – I am grateful for chocolate.
- Day 231 – I am grateful for sibling love.
Other things that have made me smile over the last week:
- Sophie getting her amber swimming cap and moving up to the next class in swimming.
- Revisiting memories of doing The Sound of Music and catching up with some of the other cast members during an am-dram virtual pizza night.
- Sophie bringing her doll along in Jessica’s dolls pram when we visited Jessica’s forever bed.