I’m trying to get a bit fitter at the moment and do a little more exercise. This week my husband and I have been trying a little harder to make space for each other to get outside for a walk or a run without having to have the children in tow. This little chunk of time for myself has been much appreciated and I’ve felt a lot less stressed this week as a result of it.
I’ve started using the couch to 5k app on my phone again. I’m not reattempting couch to 5k though. I’ve never made it past week 3 in any of my previous attempts. This time I’m just using it as a guided workout and I’m quite happy staying in week 1 for the foreseeable future!
Sophie and I have been joining in with PE with Joe three times a week since the start of lockdown. I have to confess that it’s been something I’ve mostly endured during that time but this week I’ve actually found myself enjoying it. I was feeling quite anxious on Monday morning about the PM’s ‘roadmap’ announcement and I have to admit it did help to imagine him standing in front of me while having to do punches!
As it turned out, the announcement wasn’t as bad as I thought it might be. I’m a little nervous at the thought of everyone going back to school on 8th March, but the rest of it sounds more cautious than I’d expected it to be. I’m not going to get excited that everything will be back to normal after 21st June though – a lot can happen in four months – but I’m hopeful that we’ll be closer to it by then.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 50 – I am grateful to Tiny Tickers for letting me know that this little situs doll we donated towards, named Jessica Charlotte, in memory of our beautiful girl has been sent to a hospital on the Isle of Man to help sonographers with scanning babies’ hearts. We were very thankful that Jessica’s heart condition was picked up at her 20 week scan – had it not been, I am sure we wouldn’t have had six and a half years with her. Thank you Tiny Tickers for all you do to help raise awareness and improve early detection of CHD. I quite like the fact this little Jessica has gone to the Isle of Man too as I have very happy memories of our family holiday there and finding the last of the gold postboxes in our gold postbox challenge.
- Day 51 – I am grateful for a fun evening doing a virtual beetle drive with friends from church. Brought back memories of the last time we did a beetle drive at church – it was Jessica’s last evening at GB and she loved it so much we ended up playing it a few times on our last family holiday. She would have enjoyed tonight every bit as much as Sophie did.
- Day 52 – I am grateful for the simple joy of a big cardboard box to play in.
- Day 53 – I am grateful for chocolate and tea.
- Day 54 – I am grateful for little signs of spring in the garden.
- Day 55 – I am grateful that this is my view while working from home this afternoon.
- Day 56 – I am grateful for little moments of calm when Thomas is just chilling out happily with Daddy and not being a little pickle getting in to everything.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Reminiscing with hubby over our university days and laughing over the memories. We haven’t laughed together like that for a while.
- A couple of very late Christmas presents arriving in the post for Sophie and Thomas.
- Having a walk along the river with Sophie and Thomas.
- Watching video clips of Jessica.
- Having bunches of tulips and daffodils around the house.
- Getting washing out on the line for the first time this year.
- Sophie’s finished rainbow painting in our window.