Welcome back to Country Kids. I hope that you are all keeping well and coping as best you can with lockdown restrictions. It’s been lovely to have some sunnier weather this week and it definitely feels like spring is on the way. Although we do try and get outside whatever the weather, it is so much more appealing if the weather is good, isn’t it? If you’ve managed to enjoy some outdoor time as a family recently or have any posts about outdoor fun that we can enjoy during lockdown, I’d love to read about it.
About Country Kids
Country Kids is the original outdoor family fun linky designed to:
“Encourage family fun outdoors, in an age where technology and screens are such a draw to a sedentary indoor life”
The linky opens on a Saturday each week and stays open for twelve days, so there’s plenty of time to link up. It’s a great place to share outdoor posts and find inspiration for future outdoor adventures and the Country Kids community is a supportive and welcoming one.
Country Kids 27/02/21
I suspect that we might be done with snow for this year, but we can still enjoy a little snow play in the garden, thanks to some homemade fake snow.
Guidelines for joining in:
- Post must be predominantly outdoors such as in the garden, the park, the woods or the beach with crafting, learning, exploring or playing.
- Both countryside and urban outdoor adventures are welcome.
- Unheated covered areas like a barn or tent count as outdoors.
- Please comment on the host posts and a minimum of 2 others of your choice.
- If you use #CountryKids when commenting the post owner will know where you found them and hopefully come back to visit your post.
- Please add the badge so that others know where they can link up.
- Old and new posts are welcome.
- There is no restriction on the number of posts that can be linked up, however please be sensible, if you have more than 3 consider linking over a few weeks.
- The linky opens at 00:00 on Saturday 27 February and closes at 00:00 on Thursday 11 March.
The top commenter this fortnight is everyone! Everyone who linked up last time commented on all the other posts in the linky. Thank you for the comments you took time to leave and for helping to keep Country Kids a supportive community.
Please note that I count comments on a Thursday afternoon and will occasionally tweet out a reminder about this. Please do make sure to come back and comment on posts before then so I can make sure I count yours!
I grew up in the South Downs area so Chimptrips’ post sharing 11 great things to do in the South Downs National Park brought back some lovely memories for me. There were a couple of places that I haven’t visited though so perhaps when we’re able to travel around again, I’ll have to rectify that!
Country Kids Communities
Posts linked up each week will be pinned on the Country Kids Pinterest board.
If you are sharing outdoor fun on Instagram, you can follow me here and join in with Country Kids using the hashtag #CountryKidsFun. Here are my favourites from the last couple of weeks.
View this post on Instagram
If you would like to receive weekly reminders for Country Kids, you can subscribe to the mailing list using the form below. You can opt-out any time.
This week’s linky can be accessed below. If you are unable to see it below, please click here to access the linky directly.