It’s been a tough term for Jessica so far, but her report at parents’ evening this week made me very proud. Despite having an attendance rate of around 20% this term, she has managed to keep up at school and settled back in after her surgery as though she had never been away. It’s a relief too to know that she’s doing well and that the homeschooling we did with her helped her keep up.
Last week’s virus left Jessica quite wiped out at the start of this week. I ended up having a chat with the cardiac liaison nurse about Jessica’s lack of energy which helped to reassure me that it was probably due to her needing a bit more time to recover from the virus. We started her back at school on Tuesday doing half-days again for a couple of days. Yesterday was her first full day since she went off sick, and she coped well with it. I know that her school will call me if she is struggling energy-wise but hopefully she is now getting back to her normal self again.
Things I have loved this week:
- Having fun at Chessington at the preseason annual pass weekend. I’m looking forward to being a Chessington Blogger Ambassador again this year.
- Hubby taking me clothes shopping so I could finally get myself some maternity jeans and a couple of new tops.
- My lovely Mothers’ Day cards and presents. I especially liked the watch that Jessica made for me.
- Watching Jessica and Sophie hand out Mothers’ Day posies to everyone at church.
- Jessica doing her own word drawings having seen my sketch book full of my “words of the week”. I’m tempted to use some of them for future Friday Focus posts!
- Managing to get both girls to go to sleep by 7.15pm one evening. Not quite sure how I managed that one but it’s almost unheard of for them to settle down so early.
- Being back at Sophie’s French and Tiny Talk classes after several weeks of not being able to make it to them.
- Being able to see the girls’ faces again after finally managing to get their hair cut.