Jessica is off school at the moment while she is recovering from her surgery. We were told at her clinic appointment last week to keep her off school until after her next check-up on 19th February. In the meantime, I’ve been having a taste of homeschooling her and so far, we’re both enjoying it. This week, we’ve settled into a little routine with the school work. We’ve been given various worksheets and books from her school to help me cover what she would have been learning this half term and I’ve planned out what we will be covering over the next couple of weeks. It’s been lovely to take such an active role in helping her learn and to get more of an insight into the kind of things she does at school.
In between the worksheets and books from school, we’ve been having fun getting creative. Last weekend, Jessica asked if we could “do some making” and make a house. Our shoebox house has kept the girls busy this week. We’ve just finished making the house itself and the people to go in it, and now we’re starting to make some furniture for it. It’s been fun having a project to work on together over a few days. Hopefully the girls will enjoying playing with it once we’ve finished!
Things I have loved this week:
- All being well at Jessica’s post-surgery cardiac check-up.
- Jessica’s reception teacher dropping off a gift bag from Jessica’s class containing cards, a bouquet of paper flowers and some shortbread biscuits made by her classmates.
- Dippy eggs and soldiers for breakfast
- Trying out some new recipes for dinner.
- Hubby being home again after working away in Paris for a few days.
- Being able to take Jessica along to Sophie’s French class for the first time. Jessica loved it!
- A good check-up for Jessica at the eye hospital which resulted in her being discharged from the hospital. She can now have her eye checks with our local optician instead.