At the time of writing this, the polls have just closed. By the time this post goes live, we should have an idea of what the result of the election will be. I have to confess that I’m feeling somewhat anxious about it all. I hope that whatever the result is, that we will continue to have an NHS in the future and that whoever is in power will genuinely work for the greater good.
It’s not just politics that have made me anxious this week. Both the girls have come down with coughs and colds. Jessica was sent home from school yesterday due to being unwell. These kinds of bugs always hit her a bit harder and I’ve been keeping a close eye on her. Snuggles on the sofa and Calpol have been much needed – fingers crossed that it will be all we need to get her and Sophie better again.
Things I have loved this week:
- Going on a rainbow nature hunt at Langley Park.
- Enjoying the sunshine in the garden and planting some radishes and lettuce.
- Making nettle crisps.
- Having hubby home again.
- Having fun splashing in the puddles with Sophie on the way home from preschool.
- A day out at Legoland with Sophie for her preschool trip. She was especially excited at getting to see the Lego Friends again!
- Having my hair cut.
- Getting some new bilingual Bear books to read with the girls. Jessica likes to read the English words and then I read the French.