The best thing about school holidays is being able to enjoy that time with Sophie and Thomas without having schoolwork to worry about. It’s been even nicer this week to be able to meet up with family outdoors and enjoy some time with them too. We had a lovely Easter Sunday afternoon sitting out in my in-laws’ garden and the children enjoyed the Easter egg hunt. Hopefully we will be able to go and visit some of my family soon as well.
I’ve enjoyed time to sit and do some crafts with Sophie or watch Thomas doing jigsaws. Sophie wanted to learn how to ride her bike with stabilisers over the Easter holidays and she’s had time to practice and build up confidence. So far she can ride her bike if it’s fairly flat or downhill and it’s been lovely to see her gaining confidence. We’ve had snuggles on the sofa together and time being silly together as well as fun outdoors. It was lovely yesterday to venture out for a proper day out and have a walk and picnic at Cliveden.
It’s been about as nice as week as I could have hoped for, given the time of year and the tough memories that come with the run-up to the anniversary of Jessica’s death on 14 April. We’ve decided to mark the day again by doing something to make others smile – to #givejoyforjessica. It would be lovely to have other people joining in too and spreading some smiles in memory of our beautiful brave girl who gave so much joy to others in her life.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 92 – I am grateful for sleepy snuggles with Thomas after he climbed into my lap for a feed and then fell asleep. It’s been a while since he’s done that – he mostly now only has mummy milk very briefly at bedtime (and then climbs into bed to go to sleep) or during the night when he comes into our bed. Making the most of these moments while I still get them.
- Day 93 – I am grateful for the enjoyment that Thomas gets from his Numberblocks cubes. He loves recreating some of the episodes he’s watched on CBeebies as well as counting with them.
- Day 94 – I am grateful for a lovely Easter Sunday. We streamed the service live from church this morning and then went over to Grandma and Grandad’s for a fun Easter egg hunt organised by Auntie Marls. It’s been so nice to be able to sit out in the sunshine and have time with family and of course the children have enjoyed getting to eat a lot more chocolate than usual today too!
- Day 95 – I am grateful for another Easter egg hunt – this time in our garden.
- Day 96 – I am grateful for time to sit and paint rocks with Sophie.
- Day 97 – I am grateful that Sophie can now ride her bike without stabilisers. Well done Sophie! (and yes she does need a bigger bike!)
- Day 98 – I am grateful for a lovely day out with Sophie and Thomas following the Easter trail at Cliveden.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Pink tulips growing in the garden.
- Having a sort-out in the garage and digging out my bike for a ride around the block. It’s been ten years since I last rode it!
- Sophie joining in and singing with me on the online musical theatre choir group.
- Singing with my twin sister on Smule.
- Thomas sleeping curled up like a cat at the end of our bed.
- The little robin in our garden that seems to appear each time I look out of the window.