We’ve had some lovely moments this week, starting with Sophie’s dance teacher and dance school appearing on Blue Peter, as part of a feature about super dogs. Sophie’s dance teacher’s dog Bear, is a medical detection dog and was one of the super dogs featured on the programme. Sophie even had a little moment in the spotlight, spending a few seconds explaining just why Bear is so important to the dance school.
My husband was away at the weekend so I thought I’d have a mini-break with Sophie and Thomas and we headed to Hampshire for an overnight stay. We had a lovely afternoon in Southsea enjoying the beach, watching the hovercraft coming in and having fun at the arcades; went swimming and spent time with my family. It was nice to get away even if was just for a short time.
I had a proud mummy moment later in the week when Thomas was awarded the ‘dancer of the week’ trophy in his ballet class. He really enjoys going to ballet, but finds it hard to focus during the class. This week his dance teacher said she could see he was trying really hard with his dancing and awarded him the trophy. He was so chuffed!
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 33 – I am grateful for seeing Sophie with her dance school on Blue Peter today raising awareness of the wonderful work that Medical Detection Dogs do and why there’s no Flair without superdog Bear!
- Day 34 – I am grateful for a trip to the beach.
- Day 35 – I am grateful that dinner times have become much less stressful thanks to having a weekly meal plan on a whiteboard on the fridge and putting everything in serving dishes so the children can choose what they want and how much to have.
- Day 36 – I am grateful for hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows.
- Day 37 – I am grateful that Sophie is happy to finally have an Air-Up water bottle having managed to save enough pocket money for one plus a set of watermelon pods.
- Day 38 – I am grateful to have finally finished making Sophie’s leg warmers for her dance classes.
- Day 39 – I am grateful for Thomas being awarded the ‘dancer of the week’ trophy in his ballet class for trying really hard at dancing today.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Getting to see Jessica in my dreams. I don’t dream of Jessica very often and it’s always makes me so happy so see her again in my dreams when I do.
- Time with Thomas at the park while Sophie had her 11+ tuition session.