I’m flying solo this week as my husband is away for eight days working on an event. It’s been a while since he was last away for that length of time. I’m quite glad it’s this week rather than last week though – I’m not sure how I’d have managed to juggle everything last week had he not been around!
It’s been good to have a calmer week after the hecticness of last week and a little time to myself with Sophie and Thomas back at school and preschool. We have a weekend ahead with very little planned and I’m looking forward to a little lull over the next two or three weeks before all the festive activities begin.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 302 – I am grateful that the pumpkins are carved and I don’t have to do it again for a whole year!
- Day 303 – I am grateful for the joy of watching this little lady dancing in the festival this week, finishing off with a third place in the group dance.
- Day 304 – I am grateful for a wonderful outdoor birthday party for Sophie at Iver Environment Centre doing shelter building and campfire cooking. Sophie and her friends had so much fun.
- Day 305 – I am grateful for an inset day to finish off the half-term break.
- Day 306 – I am grateful for the simple joy of running through crunchy fallen autumn leaves.
- Day 307 – I am grateful for Sophie’s beautiful list of reasons why Daddy makes her happy.
- Day 308 – I am grateful for a vase full of flowers from the garden.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Thomas sitting on the sofa pointing at himself, me, my husband and my sister saying, “Thomas, Mummy, Daddy and… this one!”
- Sophie’s joy at having a sleepover with her cousin.
- Making a unicorn cake for Sophie’s birthday party.
- Going to a Halloween fundraising event organised by a friend from work. He’d got together with his neighbours to decorate their road and set up some stalls with mulled wine, cakes and sweets and it all looked amazing.