We’ve had lots of little enjoyable moments this week. Little moments of quality time together, making the most of the opportunities to do things together. Simple things like flying kites, going to the park, or snuggling together on the sofa reading stories.
With my husband having been away for most of the week, I’ve also been making the most of the moments of me-time. I had a lovely moment midweek at Jessica’s forever bed when a deer came up while I was sitting on the bench nearby. It clearly found Jessica’s roses enjoyable as it munched most of them. I could almost hear Jessica’s laughter as I watched it. She would have enjoyed watching it eat the flowers too! It really wasn’t bothered by me being so close by – even when I got up and moved nearer, it didn’t run away, just ambled off through the trees. Such a beautiful moment.
What I’ve been grateful for this week:
- Day 309 – I am grateful for a fun evening at the Boys’ and Girls’ Brigades firework display.
- Day 310 – I am grateful for a kite and a windy day.
- Day 311 – I am grateful that Sophie was doing the readings with me at this morning’s service (and that streaming the service meant I could get a snapshot of it for today’s gratitude photo!)
- Day 312 – I am grateful for the pure joy of a little boy jumping on a trampoline at the park.
- Day 313 – I am grateful for the entertaining company at Jessica’s forever bed this morning. I can just imagine Jessica’s gorgeous giggle watching the deer eat her flowers. She would have loved seeing it.
- Day 314 – I am grateful for the joy of rediscovering toys and puzzles that haven’t been played with for a while.
- Day 315 – I am grateful for morning snuggles and the love that these two have for each other.
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Making pizzas with Sophie and Thomas.
- Thomas bringing home his first piece of artwork from preschool.