The Friday Fabulous Five is my regular feature where I share five of my favourite blog posts that I have read in the previous fortnight – posts that have made me laugh, made me cry or made me think. Here is my latest selection of five fabulous blog posts:
- Blogging is a great way of sharing our thoughts, reflections and parenting moments but it can also feel like it takes over our lives. This reflection from Five Little Doves about why she blogs and on focusing on being a mummy instead of blogging about it is something I could really relate to.
- Another post that really struck a chord with me this week was this one from Dear Bear and Beany reflecting on her feelings about her eldest being due to start school this week and wanting to hold on to the time she has with her at home a little longer. My big girl is also due to start school and as she starts her final term in preschool, I have such a longing for the time to slow down as much as possible.
- Social media means that we seem to know more and more about other people’s lives than ever before but how well do we really know the people living just next door? Love this thought-provoking poem from Rhyming with Wine asking how well do you know your neighbours?
- April is Caesarean Awareness Month and this beautiful, encouraging post from Ghostwriter Mummy reminding mums who birthed their babies in this way that they are no less of a mother for doing so is a must-read for any mums who had a caesarean.
- I love this list of five simple blog tips from Aspen Jay – there’s a couple there that I’ll definitely be taking on board.
I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did and have a good weekend! You can also find posts previously featured in my Friday Fab 5 on the Friday Fab 5 board over on Pinterest.