The Friday Fabulous Five is my regular feature where I share five of my favourite blog posts that I have read in the previous week – posts that have made me laugh, made me cry or made me think. I’ve had a couple of weeks off from sharing my Friday Fabulous Five so this week’s posts are my favourites from the last few weeks:
- I always enjoy a good parody and this version of “Vogue” from The Anxious Dragon celebrating all different types of cake had me singing along (whilst making me very hungry too!)
- I love this beautiful poem from Mum Turned Mom exploring her journey through life in response to the prompt “grow.”
- Most of us probably have some ideal of motherhood that we feel we fall short of – this reflection from Collecting Moments on why she is not Super Mom and that it’s ok is beautiful – I especially loved her reflection that “Motherhood is sacrifice, hardship and joy… it’s kindness and strength personified.”
- It’s easy to feel like we are “good” parents when we’re out and about with our children behaving angelically and then feel like we’re getting it wrong during those times when our children are having tantrums or meltdowns. I love this reflection from Hot Pink Wellingtons about being a good mum during the fun times as well as the challenging ones.
- Teacup Toria shared a wonderful Mother’s Day poem on the “fun” moments of motherhood and a reminder of the amazing job that mums out there are doing.
I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did and have a good weekend! You can also find some of the posts from past weeks on my Friday Fab 5 board over on Pinterest.