With Mother’s Day being last Sunday, followed by my mum’s birthday on Wednesday, this week’s word has to be mum. I had a lovely Mother’s Day with my girlies and enjoyed the lovely flowers, “mummy mug” and handmade cards that they gave me. This year, both my girls helped to hand out the daffodils at church – although Sophie got distracted as soon as she spotted me and the daffodils were abandoned in favour of cuddles instead!
My mum has enjoyed seeing the girls twice over the past week – she was looking after them on Friday while my friend Gillian and I enjoyed a day out in London, and then we surprised her with a visit for her birthday on Wednesday.
In between, both girls have had bouts of being unwell with a tummy bug and so have needed lots of Mummy snuggles to help them feel better. Thankfully both of them are much better and I’m keeping my fingers very firmly crossed that the germs will keep away from hubby and myself!
Things I have loved this week:
- The picture of me that Jessica drew on Mother’s Day.
- Being featured as the first “Blog I Love” by Mum Turned Mom in her new Sunday Showcase feature – thank you so much! http://mumturnedmom.com/2016/03/06/sunday-showcase-1/
- All being well with Jessica’s check-up with the paediatrician on Tuesday.
- Nurse Jessica wanting to make her little sister all better when Sophie was feeling poorly.
- Managing to do Dutch braids in Jessica’s hair.
- Getting my first assignment for my HR course submitted – just keeping fingers crossed now that I’ve covered everything I needed to.
- Doing some Easter crafts with the girls.
- Sophie grabbing my face to give me big kisses and then saying “I luz you, Mummy”