The Friday Fabulous Five is my regular feature where I share five of my favourite blog posts that I have read in the previous week – posts that have made me laugh, made me cry or made me think. Here are this week’s fabulous five:
- After having one or two of ‘those days’ this week, I really appreciated the brilliant tips shared by Motherhood: The Real Deal on how to stay sane as a parent without resorting to wine and cake.
- Mum Muddling Through also had me chuckling to myself with her post on the unreasonable demands of parenting – sharing those things that we tell our little ones not to do but can’t help doing ourselves… how many can you identify with?
- Tea Cup Toria wrote a beautiful post reflecting on her son’s 10th birthday and her thoughts on the prospect of potentially going “from hero to zero” in the years ahead. Warm, wistful and a wonderful written reminder to enjoy the years with small children and focus on making memories together.
- It’s been a long time since I was regularly commuting into London but this post from 3 Little Buttons about the top ten things that get on London commuters’ nerves took me right back to those days and made me chuckle.
- Hubby kept me waiting around for eight years before he finally proposed and I remember just how impatient I was to get married. The Less-Refined Mind shares a fab post about the anticipation that comes with wanting to get married and the reflection that marriage is not a sprint that ends at the altar but a marathon instead – so very true and her advice to focus on the present and enjoy it is something that is true for parenthood too.
I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did and have a good weekend! You can also find some of the posts from past weeks on my Friday Fab 5 board over on Pinterest.