My children seem to be a little too nocturnal for my liking over the last week or so. We’ve had a couple of nights with Jessica being awake for three hours or more in the middle of the night. Sophie has also started waking at around 4.30am and the only way to persuade her to sleep a little longer is to snuggle up with her in our bed. The only problem is that by that time in the morning, we usually have a Jessica already in the bed which means very little bedspace left for a Mummy! Fingers crossed this current phase is relatively short-lived!
Things I have loved this week:
- Having enough snow to be able to build a snowman in the garden.
- Going to a toddler group with Sophie that I hadn’t been to in ages – was chuffed too that they remembered my name, especially as it’s a big group and I’ve only been a handful of times before. Lovely as it is to be “Sophie’s mummy” it is nice to have my own identity too!
- Jessica drawing her first picture of her family.
- Being woken up by Sophie (co-sleeping at the time) looking right into my eyes and gently stroking my face.
- Getting Sophie her first duvet and pillow set (in the hopes that it might help her to sleep better!)
- Playing around with the girls’ hair and trying out different types of plaits (am amazed that they were so happy to let me do it too!)