The Friday Fabulous Five is my regular feature where I share five of my favourite blog posts that I have read in the previous week – posts that have made me laugh, made me cry or made me think. Here are this week’s fabulous five:
- There is a time for conviction and a time for reasonableness and Writing Bubble shared a reflection on this and her tendency to look at both sides of the argument, and whether this leads to blandness in her writing.
- As a generation of empowered women, we are led to believe that we can have it all but is this really achievable for everyone? Mummy Tries shares a very thought-provoking post about the reality of not being able to have it all.
- On a similar subject, Mum Turned Mom shared a beautiful poem about sacrifice. I love the sense of balance between the sacrifice and what is given back as a result that comes across in this poem.
- Having spent many weeks in hospital with Jessica, I am incredibly thankful for the wonderful doctors and nurses that we have encountered on our journey as a heart family. 2 Boys 1 Mum shared a beautiful post reflecting on her job as a children’s nurse.
- Verily Victoria Vocalises shared a beautiful poem for a friends’ wedding, summarising the little things that are important for making marriage work.
I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did and have a good weekend! You can also find some of the posts from past weeks on my Friday Fab 5 board over on Pinterest.