There are a few changes to the Country Kids linky this week. With the UK now in lockdown due to the coronavirus and everyone advised to stay in their homes as much as possible, it doesn’t feel right to be encouraging people to share their outdoor adventures further afield. Instead, I’d like to encourage people to share ideas for outdoor activities for children that can be done in the garden. This way, we’re keeping the focus on enjoying time outside whilst encouraging people to stay at home and stay safe.
I’ll be keeping this linky open until the end of April to allow people to link up as many ideas as possible and relaxing the guidelines a little. Normally I ask that linked posts are recent posts; however if you have any old posts with some great ideas for fun in the garden please feel free to add them. You can also add posts that you have previously linked up to Country Kids. Hopefully this will help provide us all with some ideas for ways in which we can continue to have fun outside.
I’m sharing the post I linked up last week with 50 ideas for outdoor fun in the garden plus this week’s post about our messy fun with oobleck in the garden. I’ll also add some more posts about our outdoor learning and activities in the garden as they go live over the coming weeks.
I will continue to comment on posts linked up and share them on Twitter. I will also pin all posts linked up to my Country Kids – garden activities board on Pinterest. If you would like to join this board and share ideas, please let me know in the comments below.
Hope you are all keeping well and stay safe over the coming weeks.
Guidelines for joining in:
- Post must be predominantly outdoors in the garden with crafting, learning, exploring or playing.
- Please comment on one host post and a minimum of 2 others of your choice.
- If you use #CountryKids when commenting the post owner will know where you found them and hopefully come back to visit your post.
- Please add the badge so that others know where they can link up.
- Old and new posts are welcome and there are no restrictions on the number of posts linked up.
- The linky will close at 00:00 on 30 April and the next Country Kids linky will be on 2 May.
Country Kids Communities
If you are sharing outdoor fun in the garden on Instagram, you can join in with Fiona from Coombe Mill using the hashtag #CountryKidsFun. Fiona shares her favourite posts each Friday and you can follow her here.
If you would like to receive email reminders for Country Kids, you can subscribe to the mailing list using the form below. You can opt-out any time.
The Country Kids linky can be accessed below. If you are unable to see it below, please click here to access the linky directly.