Welcome to Country Kids. Country Kids was one of the first linkies I joined in when I started my blog four years ago. It helped inspire me to enjoy so many outdoor adventures with my girls and create happy memories. It is an honour to be taking over hosting Country Kids from Fiona at Coombe Mill who has hosted it for the last seven years, along with my co-hosts Helena from The Queen of Collage and Lucy from Kids of the Wild.
About Country Kids
Country Kids is the original outdoor family fun linky designed to:
“Encourage family fun outdoors, in an age where technology and screens are such a draw to a sedentary indoor life”
The Country Kids community is supportive and welcoming. It’s a great place to share outdoor posts and find inspiration for future outdoor adventures.
Country Kids 27/10/18
Last weekend, Jessica’s uncles and cousins ran the Great South Run in her memory to raise money for Little Hearts Matter. Sophie, Thomas and I headed to Portsmouth to cheer them on. They certainly did Jessica proud.
Guidelines for joining in:
- Post must be predominantly outdoors such as in the garden, the park, the woods or the beach with crafting, learning, exploring or playing.
- Both countryside and urban outdoor adventures are welcome.
- Unheated covered areas like a barn or tent count as outdoors.
- Please comment on the host posts and a minimum of 2 others of your choice.
- If you use #CountryKids when commenting the post owner will know where you found them and hopefully come back to visit your post.
- Please add the badge so that others know where they can link up.
- Linked posts should be written and made live within the last 2 months. I understand sometimes you need to do catch up posts and write about something from a couple of months ago but the publish date should be within 2 months.
- There is no restriction on the number of posts that can be linked up, however please be sensible, if you have more than 3 consider linking over a few weeks.
- The linky opens at 00:00 on Saturday and closes at 00:00 on Thursday.
This week’s top commenters are:
- Keitha from Keitha’s Chaos with 7 comments.
- Fiona from Coombe Mill and Mrs J from Typical Mummy with 6 comments.
Everyone else was next on five comments each. Thank you all for joining in and the comments you took time to leave. We’ve had another week with everyone sharing the blog love. Thank you all for helping to keep Country Kids such a supportive community.
My favourite post this week came from Dirt, Diggers and Dinosaurs sharing the various activities her boys have enjoyed at Little Acorns Children’s Gardening Club.
Helena enjoyed the eco-friendly family day out enjoyed by Typical Mummy at GreenWood Family Park.
Lucy’s featured post this week comes from Over 40 and a Mum to One who shared her son’s surprise birthday outing on the Bluebell Railway.
Country Kids Communities
Favourite posts from each week will be pinned on the Country Kids Pinterest board.
Fiona is continuing with the Country Kids Instagram community and you can join in using the hashtag #CountryKidsFun. Fiona’s favourites from this week are as follows:
If you would like to receive weekly reminders for Country Kids plus who the top commenters are, you can subscribe to the mailing list using the form below. You can opt-out any time.