This half-term has been all about spending time with family. Hubby has been away this week working on an event, but we’ve been enjoying catching up with the extended family while he’s been away. We had a meal out with my in-laws last Saturday to celebrate my father-in-law’s birthday. Sunday saw us heading down to spend a few days with my family and cheer on my brothers and nephews in the Great South Run. They were running to raise money for Little Hearts Matter in memory of Jessica and they certainly did her proud that day.
Sophie loved spending time with her aunties, uncles and cousins. It was the first time that some of them had met Thomas. He was passed around for lots of cuddles. It’s just as well I’m breastfeeding him – I’m not sure I’d get to cuddle him myself when visiting family otherwise!
Yesterday, hubby’s cousin Meryl dropped in with her grandchildren. This weekend, we have some more family visiting. My mum, twin sister and nieces are coming up tomorrow for Sophie’s birthday and on Sunday we are catching up with hubby’s cousins who are visiting from Luxembourg.
Things that have made me smile this week
- Sophie dressing up as a fairy on the last day of the half term. The children had to dress up as what they wanted to be when they grow up.
- Watching Sophie have a wonderful time at my friend’s wedding reception. She was straight on the dance floor as soon as we arrived and hardly left it the whole time we were there!
- Sophie’s delight at getting some sunglasses from Jessica’s optician. I hadn’t been in since before Jessica died but my mother-in-law needed to pop in while we were out last week. They remembered Jessica and were sad to hear of her passing. As Sophie had always enjoyed coming in and was quite disappointed that she couldn’t choose any glasses, they offered to do some sunglasses for her. It made her day!
- Watching Sophie have fun throwing leaves in the air while “helping” Auntie Loraynne to sweep them up.
- Spending the day at Chessington for their Howl’o’ween event.
- Watching Sophie have fun with her friend F while doing the Halloween trail at Black Park.
- Finding time to make Sophie’s birthday cake.