Welcome to Country Kids. Country Kids was one of the first linkies I joined in when I started my blog four years ago. It helped inspire me to enjoy so many outdoor adventures with my girls and create happy memories. It is an honour to be taking over hosting Country Kids from Fiona at Coombe Mill who has hosted it for the last seven years, along with my co-hosts Helena from The Queen of Collage and Lucy from Kids of the Wild. Helena will be co-hosting with me initially with Lucy hopefully joining us later on.
About Country Kids
Country Kids is the original outdoor family fun linky designed to:
“Encourage family fun outdoors, in an age where technology and screens are such a draw to a sedentary indoor life”
The Country Kids community is supportive and welcoming. It’s a great place to share outdoor posts and find inspiration for future outdoor adventures.
Country Kids 25/08/18
Last weekend, we took Thomas to Chessington World of Adventures for the first time. He slept through all of his first rides there but we had a fun day out with him and Sophie. It was bittersweet too though due to all our memories of Jessica from previous days out there.
Guidelines for joining in:
- Post must be predominantly outdoors such as in the garden, the park, the woods or the beach with crafting, learning, exploring or playing.
- Both countryside and urban outdoor adventures are welcome.
- Unheated covered areas like a barn or tent count as outdoors.
- Please comment on the host posts and a minimum of 2 others of your choice.
- If you use #CountryKids when commenting the post owner will know where you found them and hopefully come back to visit your post.
- Please add the badge so that others know where they can link up.
- Linked posts should be written and made live within the last 2 months. I understand sometimes you need to do catch up posts and write about something from a couple of months ago but the publish date should be within 2 months.
- There is no restriction on the number of posts that can be linked up, however please be sensible, if you have more than 3 consider linking over a few weeks.
- The linky opens at 00:00 on Saturday and closes at 00:00 on Thursday.
This week’s top commenters are:
- Fiona from Coombe Mill with 9 comments
- Keitha from Keitha’s Chaos, Dawn from Dear Mummy Blog and Elaine from Fun as a Gran with 7 comments
Thank you to everyone who joined in last week and for the comments you took time to leave. I’m delighted that everyone shared the blog love this week and commented on at least five other posts. Thank you all for helping to keep Country Kids such a supportive community.
The Madhouse Family Reviews’ account of their day out at Hastings Old Town made me want to go to Hastings myself and explore!
I also loved reading about Bella’s adventures at Kidztown enjoying family friendly festival fun at Boomtown shared by Dear Mummy Blog.
Country Kids Communities
Favourite posts from each week will be pinned on the Country Kids Pinterest board.
Fiona will be continuing with the Country Kids Instagram community and you can join in using the hashtag #CountryKidsFun. Fiona’s favourites from this week are as follows:
#countrykidsfun featured images week 99 with thanks to @over40andamumtoone @theyorkshirenannycompany @dear_mummy and @pepperpots_country_life Thank you for all the lovely tags this week. We have now passed 10,950 in the collection. That’s a lot of outdoor fun! Remember #CountryKids is live from midnight for all your blog adventures this week hosted by @littleheartsbiglove and Queen of Collage. Have a lovely weekend. 🎄🌞🍄🌿🌼 #outdoorfun #kidsoutdoors #outdoorsandhappy #CountryKids #fridayoutdoorfun #capturedmoments #lovelifeoutdoors #countrylife #festival #happiness #countryside #nationaltrust #pottyadventures #countryliving #woodland #hay #meadow #paint #outdoorclassroom #learningbydoing
If you would like to receive weekly reminders for Country Kids plus who the top commenters are, you can subscribe to the mailing list using the form below. You can opt-out any time.