Welcome back to Country Kids. I hope that you are all keeping well and safe and coping with being in lockdown once more. I’m thankful that our outdoor activity is a little less restricted this time around than it was previously and we are still able to enjoy visiting some of our favourite outdoor spots. Being able to get outdoors and spend time surrounded by the beautiful autumnal colours of nature helps make the restrictions feel a little more bearable. If you’ve been sharing any posts about getting out and about as a family, please do join in and link up with Country Kids – I’d love to read about your outdoor adventures.
About Country Kids
Country Kids is the original outdoor family fun linky designed to:
“Encourage family fun outdoors, in an age where technology and screens are such a draw to a sedentary indoor life”
The linky opens on a Saturday each week and stays open for twelve days, so there’s plenty of time to link up. It’s a great place to share outdoor posts and find inspiration for future outdoor adventures and the Country Kids community is a supportive and welcoming one.
Country Kids 14/11/20
We enjoyed getting out and about hunting for scarecrows over half-term. It gave us a focus and helped encourage us to get out for a walk each day – even when the weather wasn’t quite so good – and even inspired us to make our own scarecrow.
Guidelines for joining in:
- Post must be predominantly outdoors such as in the garden, the park, the woods or the beach with crafting, learning, exploring or playing.
- Both countryside and urban outdoor adventures are welcome.
- Unheated covered areas like a barn or tent count as outdoors.
- Please comment on the host posts and a minimum of 2 others of your choice.
- If you use #CountryKids when commenting the post owner will know where you found them and hopefully come back to visit your post.
- Please add the badge so that others know where they can link up.
- Linked posts should be written and made live within the last 2 months. I understand sometimes you need to do catch up posts and write about something from a couple of months ago but the publish date should be within 2 months.
- There is no restriction on the number of posts that can be linked up, however please be sensible, if you have more than 3 consider linking over a few weeks.
- The linky opens at 00:00 on Saturday 14 November and closes at 00:00 on Thursday 26 November.
This week’s top commenter is Malin from Sensational Learning with Penguin. Thank you to everyone who linked up last week and took the time to comment on other posts, helping to keep Country Kids a supportive community.
Please note that I count comments on a Thursday afternoon and will occasionally tweet out a reminder about this. Please do make sure to come back and comment on posts before then so I can make sure I count yours!
I enjoyed reading the news from the farm and seeing some COVID-safe Halloween fun enjoyed by families visiting Coombe Mill over the half-term break.
Country Kids Communities
Posts linked up each week will be pinned on the Country Kids Pinterest board.
If you are sharing outdoor fun in the garden on Instagram, you can join in with Fiona from Coombe Mill using the hashtag #CountryKidsFun. Fiona shares her favourite posts each Friday. Here are her favourites from last week.
View this post on Instagram
If you would like to receive weekly reminders for Country Kids plus who the top commenters are, you can subscribe to the mailing list using the form below. You can opt-out any time.
This week’s linky can be accessed below. If you are unable to see it below, please click here to access the linky directly.