It’s the little things in life that can really help to put a smile on my face. The little moments that remind me that the best things in life often are free. Since I started doing my #366daysofgratitude project, I’ve become more aware of those simple things that help make my world a happier place. Here are some of the little things that I love:
1. That first sip of coffee in the morning – and given the transformation it produces, I’m sure the rest of my family appreciate it too!
2. My girls looking into my eyes and saying “love you Mummy”
3. Freshly washed sheets on the bed.
4. Putting on a brand new pair of tights.
5. Warm towels (or clothes) that have been sitting on the radiator.
6. Curling up on the sofa with a good book.
7. Morning snuggles in bed with hubby and my girls.
8. A beautiful sunrise or sunset.
9. A long soak in a nice hot bubble bath.
10. Clothes drying in the sunshine on the washing line.
11. Hearing my girls shrieking with laughter whilst playing together.
12. Dancing in the kitchen with my hubby.
13. Singing along to my favourite song on the radio.
14. The rare moments when the house is tidy!
15. The smell of freshly-mown grass.
16. Watching my girls blowing dandelion clocks.
17. The beautiful colours of autumn leaves.
18. The look of wonder on a child’s face when they discover something for the first time.
19. Long chats revisiting happy memories with family or friends.
20. Hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows.
21. A Sunday roast with plenty of Yorkshire puddings.
22. That feeling of being cocooned in bed while drifting off to sleep.
23. Sitting out in the garden and listening to the birds singing.
24. Warm sunshine on my face.
25. The cold crisp air of a winter’s day that makes me feel invigorated and alive.
26. A small hand holding mine.
27. Saturday nights watching Strictly.
28. Singing Christmas carols and starting to get in the festive spirit in the run-up to Christmas.
29. The excitement of Christmas morning.
30. Moments of just being still and letting the world go by.