I always enjoy reflecting on the past week in my regular Friday Focus feature. This week, I’m taking a different approach and reflecting on the things that I’m thankful for instead:
- My wonderful hubby who took time off work yesterday to look after me and the girls when a nasty tummy bug put me out of action. Thankfully I’m feeling better now although sadly it does mean I’m missing out on a heart families’ day out at Peppa Pig World. Grandma has gone in my place and hubby’s been sending me photos of the girls enjoying themselves. On the plus side, it does mean I have a day to myself to get things done.
- A lovely couple of days in Bristol last weekend hunting for the Shaun in the City sculptures. We found 65 out of 70 so far and will be back soon to find the rest!
- Seeing how far Jessica has come since starting preschool back in January. She has loved her first year and made a couple of close friends. I have enjoyed being able to find out about what she has been doing through her learning journal and seeing her take part in the Easter concert and her first sports day were highlights for me this year.
- The very loving phase that Sophie is going through at the moment: “I love you, Mummy” [gives me a big hug] “I do, Mummy!” [another big hug] – so adorable!
- The start of the summer holidays and booking a trip to the Isle of Man – we will find that last golden postbox!
- Going back to the reason why I started my blog and writing more from my heart. Earlier this week, I shared a post on ‘What it means to be a heart parent’ and this has become my most popular post ever, having been shared 390 times on Facebook so far, as well as being featured on The Mighty. I’ve had some lovely comments and am so glad that that it has resonated with other heart parents and helped them describe the reality of the journey that we are travelling.
What things have you been thankful for this week?