This week has been mostly focused on celebrating my baby girl’s second birthday. I still can’t quite believe that she is two already! We had such a wonderful day celebrating with friends and family popping in throughout the day and the birthday girl was quite spoilt with all the lovely presents she received. I loved watching how excited she was about opening them all, her exclamation of “oh wow!” each time she pulled off the wrapping paper to see what was inside, and the way she studied each card so intently before handing it to someone to read it for her. There were a couple of presents for Jessica too but she knew that this was Sophie’s birthday and I think she was almost as excited watching Sophie open the presents as her little sister was opening them!
The weather was so lovely too and so we ended up spending the afternoon at the park with Nanny, Auntie Fizz and cousins Ebony and Erin. Sophie’s birthday card was read out on CBeebies – much to her and Jessica’s excitement – and we had two very tired little girls by the time everyone went home! It was such a lovely day – the only thing that was missing though was Daddy who was still working away in Paris although of course he did get to speak to the birthday girl and got sent quite a lot of photos throughout the day.
Things I have loved this week:
- Having a tea party with Sophie and her toys while Jessica went to her preschool Halloween party.
- Treating myself to some new clothes now that I’m no longer breastfeeding.
- Having so much more space in the kitchen cupboards after some more ruthless decluttering.
- Jessica asking if she could make some cakes for Sophie’s birthday and then decorating them by herself.
- A day at Chiltern Open Air Museum enjoying the autumn sunshine.
- Watching the girls having fun with paint, slime and coloured spaghetti at a Halloween messy play session.
- Hubby coming back home again – he’s away again for one night at the beginning of next week but after that things are quieter, so we should be able to have more family time together again.
- Sitting and enjoying snuggling with Sophie after she fell asleep in my arms for the first time in quite a while.