Ahoy there, shipmates! It’s been all about pirates this week thanks to Jessica having two pirate party days at preschool. She loved being able to go to preschool in her pirate outfit, making treasure out of a gold paper plate with lots of sparkly decorations added and a cardboard cutlass. We continued the theme at home too, having fun making a treasure chest, treasure map and spyglass in our pirate crafts session. The treasure chest has been a big favourite with both of the girls who have spent a lot of time just taking the “jewels” out and putting them back in (along with a few extra treasures!) It’s been lovely to watch them both playing together with it and having so much fun.
Things I have loved this week:
- Meeting up with a close friend and having lots of snuggles with her adorable 6-week old baby girl. I wasn’t broody at all, honest…!
- Getting back into singing again now that rehearsals for our November fundraising concert have started.
- Having a lovely walk along the river with the girls and watching them play Poohsticks for the first time.
- Stepping away from the blog and having a very early night.
- Phone conversations with hubby who is away at the moment.
- The wonderful welcome I got from the girls when I returned from giving blood (first time in 5 years!) – I’d only been gone an hour or so but they were so excited when I walked back in the door. I’m sure it was just because they were pleased to see me and not because Grandma had told them they could have cake when I got back…!