We’re now into our second week of potty training and I have been so proud of how well Jessica has done this week. She finished her first sticker chart earlier this week and the second is filling up rapidly. She gets a little “potty present”, such as some new crayons or a comic, each time she fills in a row of stickers and we’ve now reached the point that she is getting a potty present every other day – time to stop once this sticker chart is filled, methinks! She has been taking herself off to the potty for both wees and poos and has coped well with toilet trips on a couple of days out. We’ve not yet quite managed an accident-free day – after all, this is still new to her – but I’m so proud of her for getting to grips with this new milestone.
Things I have loved this week:
- Visiting friends from our university days and having a lovely afternoon tea in their garden. The girls had a wonderful time playing with buckets and spades in the gravel and both loved the giant Connect 4 board.
- Finally finishing updating and putting photos in Sophie’s baby book. Thank goodness for the Tweekaboo phone app which I used to keep track of all her milestones – without it her book would still be empty!
- Having a picnic in the garden with the toys.
- Having fun doing ‘up in the sky’ themed crafts with both the girls.
- Sophie’s new favourite activity – climbing up on the sofa when I’m sitting on it, squeezing in behind me and giving me a huge cuddle from behind.
- An afternoon shopping for birthday presents for hubby and Jessica counting how many sleeps are left until Daddy’s birthday because she knows hers comes next!
- Baking my first Herman friendship cake which was very yummy!