It’s been a busy week this week – with Jessica’s birthday coming up this weekend and her party to organise, my to-do list has felt quite endless at times! It’s been one of those times when I remind myself that there are only so many hours in the day and to focus on what is really important. At times like this I find it helpful to categorise the to-do list into “necessary”, “desirable” and “if time allows” which always takes the pressure off somewhat.
In spite of the mammoth to-do list, we have also been making lots of time for fun this week and getting out and about where we can. Our preschool passes are valid once again for days out at Legoland and we are looking forward to making them most of them before the park closes for the winter.
Things I have loved this week:
- My post ‘Thank you for being a friend: to all those who support us on our journey as a heart family’ being published on The Mighty.
- Watching my girls have fun feeding the goats and sheep at Langleybury Children’s Farm.
- Spending a day visiting my mum and getting to see my twinny.
- Getting a glimpse into medieval life at the Chiltern Open Air Museum Magna Carta event.
- Treading the grapes at “Grandma’s vineyard”. Jessica enjoyed treading them for a little while until they made her feet itch. Sophie preferred to help Grandma strip the grapes from the stalks ready for treading.
- Seeing how excited the girls were about being back at Legoland again and watching them wandering about hand-in-hand. I don’t think I will ever get tired of seeing my girls holding hands while walking together – it makes my heart melt every time.
- Being in the latest issue of Gurgle magazine after being interviewed to share my experiences of being a mum after being a midwife first.
- Singing “Happy Birthday” to Jessica at our Tiny Talk toddler signing class.
- Jessica helping me to make biscuits for her birthday party.
- Seeing how loving the girls are with each other at bedtime – they have to give each other kisses and cuddles and say “I love you” before they are ready to go to sleep.