This week has seen me on a mission to declutter my house. I’ve gone from room to room and drawn up a list of every little area that needs to be sorted out; breaking it all down into manageable chunks – a shelf here, a cupboard there. I’m determined to be ruthless about it and get rid of all the things that seem to do very little other than collect dust and have a thorough sort-out. Hopefully I’ll manage to get it all done by Christmas!
Things I have loved this week:
- My blog post Words – a reflection on the power of the words we use – being picked by Laura’s Lovely Blog as one of her five favourite blog posts for September.
- Being able to have an hour by myself to sit in a coffee shop and write while my mum enjoyed having time with the girls – and the enthusiastic greeting I got from Sophie on my return “Mummy! Nice to see you, Mummy!”
- Spending time with family and celebrating at my nephew’s wedding reception – the girls had a wonderful time on the dance floor, especially Sophie!
- Two days out at Legoland – one with my friend and her two girls and the second with Jessica and Sophie’s third cousin E. They all had a wonderful time and the girls were so worn out the second day that they fell asleep in the car on the way home and barely even woke up when I changed them into pyjamas. Easiest bedtime ever!
- Seeing the gorgeous colours of the leaves changing on the trees – Autumn can be so beautiful.
- Chatting to hubby over Skype and seeing how excited the girls were to see Daddy on the phone – Sophie kept giving the phone big cuddles and kisses which was adorable.