Joining in with questions posed by other bloggers as part of the various tags and memes that go round is always fun. This time I’ve been nominated by Tin Box Traveller for my second Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Here are my answers to the questions she has asked me:
1. What’s the worst place you’ve ever been on holiday?
I stayed in a really grotty youth hostel in Naples for a couple of days when on holiday with friends shortly after leaving uni. My one main memory of Naples was of how scary the car journey from the city centre to the airport was – lots of crazy drivers on the road and three lanes of traffic on a road that was supposed to be two lanes! The rest of that holiday was quite nice though – I enjoyed visiting Pompeii and Herculaneum.
2. Heels or flats?
Before I had children I would have said heels every time – I always declared that I would rather have pretty shoes than comfortable ones if I couldn’t have both! Funny how that has completely changed since having children – having pretty shoes would be nice, but comfort wins every single time and I find flats far more comfortable than heels these days.
3. When was the last time you got on a plane and where did you go?
The last time I got on a plane was to go to Dublin for my friends’ wedding. I was 12 weeks’ pregnant with Jessica at the time and those friends are now her godparents. It’s not likely I’ll be flying anywhere else in the foreseeable future as Jessica can’t fly because of her heart condition.
4. How many items in your fridge are out of date?
None because I’ve just had a big clear-out! (I’m embarrassed to admit just how much was thrown away through being out of date though!)
5. Are you a camper or a glamper?
I’ve never tried glamping. Hubby and I went camping a few times in our pre-children days and whilst I’m not the biggest fan of it, we had a lot of fun. I would go for glamping these days though as I would worry about Jessica getting too cold at night if we went camping.
6. What was your first ever blog post about? Link it if you dare!
My first blog post was called Strength for Today and was about my favourite Bible verse and how it has helped me through the difficult times in my life, particularly during my pregnancy with Jessica. It was written in response to a prompt from 40acts – a Lent project that focuses on 40 acts of generosity during Lent and that day’s act was to share a Bible verse to help encourage others.
7. What’s your top UK holiday destination?
I love the Isle of Wight – it’s peaceful and there are plenty of places to visit. I used to go there a lot in my late teens although it’s been a long time since I last visited. I have family living there so really should make a trip over at some point.
8. Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? What have you bought?
No – I’m not that organised!
9. Is there a day out or attraction you’d like to visit that’s right on your doorstep but you haven’t gotten round to doing yet?
I’d love to visit Windsor Castle but it’s quite expensive.
10. What’s your favourite linky or blog hop and why?
I love Country Kids, hosted by Coombe Mill – it’s been fantastic for helping encourage me to get out and about with the children and find new places to explore.
Thank you Tin Box Traveller for the nomination. I’m now nominating the following bloggers if they’d also like to join in:
- Days in Bed
- Odd Socks and Lollipops
- Tiny Footsteps
- Mummy Here and There
- Mommy’s Little Princesses
- Dear Mummy Blog
Here’s the rules if you want to take part:
- Thank the blogger who gave you the award and link back to their blog
- Answer the 10 questions given to you
- Nominate seven bloggers for the award
- Write 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Display the Award on your blog or post.
And here are your 10 questions:
- What was the last film you watched?
- What is your favourite book from your childhood?
- If you could design or build your own house from scratch, what would be the key features?
- What song would be your theme tune?
- What’s the best present you’ve ever received?
- Coffee or tea?
- What’s your favourite quote?
- If you could go back in time, who would you like to meet?
- Which is your favourite out of all the blog posts you have written?
- Which children’s TV programme would you send to Room 101?
Looking forward to reading your answers!