This year we are part of the Tots100 #BostikBlogger family. Each month we are sent a box of craft equipment from Craft Merrily to help us get creative. This month, birds and flying have provided the inspiration for our craft activity. The coloured card, feathers and craft sticks in the craft box we received this month were perfect for making some colourful parrots. This is a very simple craft for small children to do with just a little help needed with cutting out the parrot shape.
You will need:
- Coloured cardboard
- A pencil
- Glue dots
- Three craft sticks in different colours
- Coloured feathers
- Googly eyes
- A small piece of yellow cardboard for the beak
1) Draw a parrot shaped outline on a piece of coloured card and cut out. Cut out a small triangle from a piece of yellow cardboard for the beak.
2) Use the glue dots to stick a googly eye and a beak to the parrot’s head.
3) Use three different coloured craft sticks to make the parrot’s tail feathers and stick with glue dots.
4) Stick some coloured feathers on to the parrots body.
You could also use another craft stick to turn the parrot into a puppet.
We were sent a box of craft materials from Bostik as part of being a Tots100 #BostikBlogger