One of my favourite things about the holidays is being able to spend time catching up with my family. Now that Jessica is at school, it’s much more difficult to visit family during term-time so the time we have during holidays is extra-precious. The girls have enjoyed having a sleepover at my sister’s house and spending time with my mum, my sisters and my nieces. It’s always lovely to see the cousins having fun together. Hubby’s cousin is also visiting this weekend with her two girls, so Jessica and Sophie will get to catch up with their cousins on the other side of the family too.
Things I have loved this week:
- Finding new places to explore in the local area.
- Seeing Bagpuss and the Clangers at the River & Rowing Museum in Henley.
- Watching the girls enjoying the sunshine and having fun on some fairground rides.
- Catching bubbles in the garden.
- Both girls learning how to ride a bike. Jessica has struggled to find enough strength to push the pedals around but finally managed to do it at the weekend – a very proud mummy moment!
- Doing the Easter trail at Black Park.
- Taking the girls swimming with their cousins and seeing how much their confidence has increased in the pool.
- Receiving a box of goodies from NOW TV full of supplies for making hot cross buns. It was lovely to watch my girls and nieces in the kitchen together having fun helping me make them. The hot cross buns we made were delicious too.