The last month has been a busy one with Sophie turning three and new activities starting for both the girls. They were both very excited about starting ballet classes last week and it was lovely to watch each of them in their first ballet class and to see just how much they enjoyed it. We’ve all settled in well to the routine of school days now. The girls are now used to being apart during the day although there’s still that joyful reunion at the classroom door when Jessica finishes school for the day. We all enjoyed being together again at half-term – and I made the most of being able to head out for adventures with both my girls again!
Our siblings photos from this month were taken at the Friends of PICU 10th anniversary party. Friends of PICU is a charity which helps support children on the paediatric intensive care unit at Southampton General Hospital, and their families. Jessica has been in PICU several times following her heart surgeries and we will be back there again when she has her next surgery so it’s a charity that is very close to our hearts. One of my favourite things about attending these events is the opportunity to catch up with other heart families who we met during our previous hospital stays and see the children together again. It was also lovely to see some of the medical staff who looked after Jessica when she was a baby. To be more than four years on and seeing both my girls having fun at the party, makes me realise once again just how much I have to be thankful for.
Jessica (5 years 2 months)
- Has now started bringing home reading books from school which she was very excited about – it is lovely to sit with her and see how much she enjoys learning to read.
- Received a glowing report at parents’ evening – and made us very proud when we were told that Jessica is friendly and helpful, and doing very well at both maths and reading.
- Was given an “award of the week” for always being kind and helpful – another proud mummy moment!
- Took part in her first Remembrance Sunday parade with the Girls’ Brigade.
- Can now write her name and is starting to put letters together to make other words.
Sophie (3 years 0 months)
- Celebrated her third birthday and loved spending the day with family dropping in to see her at home.
- Has started BilinguaSing toddler French classes and loves singing songs in French and English.
- Loves drawing and can now draw recognisable people with faces, bodies, arms and legs.
- Can write the first two letters of her name.
- Has been enjoying help Mummy find geocaches when out and about.