I love the various bloggers’ tags that pop up on blogs from time to time and reading all the different answers to the various questions posed. They’re a fun way of finding out a little more about the bloggers behind the blog. In the last couple of weeks, I’ve been tagged in a couple of bloggers’ tags posts – firstly by the Sunita at Lucky Things in the Sunshine Blogger Award and then by Helena at Queen of Collage in the Q&A Blogger Tag. Thank you both for tagging me – and here are my answers to your questions.
1) What are your 3 favourite things about blogging?
Making new friends online, finding my voice again and recording the little moments of family life and capturing them to look back on in years to come.
2) What’s one thing that you’ve found in your handbag that made you giggle or smile?
A note that was originally left next to Jessica’s hospital cot after one of her surgeries by the lovely hospital chaplain just letting us know that she had stopped by and said a prayer for Jessica. It’s one of those little things that reminds me how much love and support has surrounded us throughout our journey as a family and particularly during the difficult times.
3) What song do you listen to when you want to feel good about yourself?
I’m quite partial to belting out “Let It Go” every now and then!
4) What have you spotted in the shops (or online) that you’d love to buy for yourself? (I’m giving you a subtle opportunity to hint for Christmas gifts)
I’ve not spotted anything specific but I feel like I’ve fallen into a bit of a clothing rut at the moment and I’d love to have a big shopping trip and revitalise my wardrobe again.
5) What motto keeps you going when things are up and down?
I can do all things through Him who gives me strength (Philippians 4:13)
6) If you could interview any celebrity for your blog, who would it be and why?
I always struggle with this kind of question – I watch so little TV other than CBeebies that I have no idea who most celebrities are. So I’m going to go with one of the CBeebies characters – I’d like to interview Flop (from Bing) and ask him how on earth he manages to stay so calm all the time; how he manages to look after a toddler who’s considerably bigger than he is and why are all the adults in Bing-land so small anyway?
7) What is one of the most recent compliments you received?
Jessica telling me “Mummy, you’re so cute!”
8) How would you spend a dream weekend on your own?
Being on my own wouldn’t be a dream weekend for me as I would much prefer to have hubby and the girls with me. But if I was savouring some me time I would spend it at a spa being pampered.
9) What’s your favourite memory of being a kid?
Film nights curling up with my mum, dad and twin sister in my parents’ bed, watching films and eating cheese and crackers.
10) What’s your trick when you need to feel a bit more confident about something?
To take a deep breath, smile and pretend to be confident.
11) What are three things that you feel grateful for in life or make you happy (AKA your lucky things)?
My husband and my two daughters.
12) What made you start blogging?
I’ve had a blog on and off for about ten years now. I started blogging more regularly when we found out about Jessica’s heart condition at the 20-week scan – the blog was a good way of keeping family and friends updated about how Jessica was getting on. Later I felt that I wanted an outlet for my own thoughts as a heart mummy and to keep a record of our family life. It didn’t feel appropriate to use Jessica’s blog for this and so I started my own blog which eventually became Little Hearts, Big Love.
13) Do you think that becoming a mum has changed you?
Yes, in many ways. I’m a stronger person than I was before I had my children and I’m less selfish. Being a heart mummy has taught me to live in the moment and to appreciate the moment – and I certainly appreciate the little things more as a result.
14) How many children have you got?
15) Where do you get your inspiration from?
Daily life, social media and reading other blog posts.
16) When do you like to write your posts?
I write mostly in the evening after the girls go to bed.
17) Are you organised or creatively messy?
A mixture of both. I try to be organised but I can be quite messy too.
18) Do you like to dunk your biscuits in your tea?
Yes, but only if they’re plain biscuits (digestives, rich teas, malted milk etc.)
19) What is your favourite piece of music?
I find it hard to pick a favourite piece of music – it changes depending on my mood. There are some pieces of music that are special to me because of the memories associated with them. I love Chopin’s Nocturne in E Flat because it brings back memories of my dad; “It’s Getting Better” by Mama Cass is the closest thing hubby and I have to having “our song”; and I used to rock the girls to sleep when they were babies and sing “Baby Mine” to them.
20) What is your favourite destination and have you been there?
I love the south of France. We have friends who live in Aix-en-Provence and I’d love to go back there and visit them.
21) Will you be having a handmade Christmas (ie. make the Christmas decor and hampers) or not?
I’ve planned a few handmade gifts and will probably do some Christmas crafts with the girls but that will probably be it for a handmade Christmas.
Thank you Sunita and Helena for the tags. If anyone would like to join in and answer any of the questions I have answered, please feel free to considered yourself tagged and let me know if you join in!