March feels like it’s been a month of being unwell on and off. Both Sophie and Thomas have been off school at various times due to being unwell. I get quite anxious when they’re unwell anyway but the intermittent being unwell is also bringing back memories of those last few weeks of Jessica’s life when she was on and off school with one bug after another. This isn’t the same situation, I know, but it still makes me worry more than I would have done otherwise.
I’ve managed to capture a couple of different moments this month. There’s the candid shot from a moment of having snuggles on the sofa and then a couple of posed photos when we had a brief period of snow. There was just enough time to play in it before school and build a snowman, which was just as well as it had mostly melted away by lunchtime. I love that Sophie made a snow-Jessica complete with pipe-cleaner glasses.
Thomas (4 years 7 months)
- Is now coming home with a reading book from school and is currently on yellow level for Oxford Read Write Inc (green level for Oxford Reading Tree).
- Loved dressing up as Numberblock Four for World Book Day.
- Likes to pick a date and then tell you what day of the week that date fell on. I think he’s asking Google and then memorising lots of different dates and days but it’s very impressive how accurate he is at remembering the day and date.
- Loved getting to ride a pony for the first time.
Sophie (9 years 4 months)
- Is enjoying rehearsals for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
- Did her primary ballet exam and got a distinction with 91 marks.
- Sat an assessment for 11+ tuition and scored 83%.
- Has started doing online singing lessons and enjoyed her first lesson.