The news in recent weeks has been another reminder of how very precious the ordinary everyday moments of family life are. I’ve certainly been holding Sophie and Thomas a little bit tighter and doing my best to treasure the moments we have together. Admittedly not all moments are ones to be treasured and my patience is often running low in the run-up to bedtime, but there are plenty of lovely moments throughout the day.
I love the close bond that Sophie and Thomas have with each other; the way they so clearly adore each other. I’m glad that they have a similar bond to the one that Jessica and Sophie shared. I’ll never stop wishing that Jessica could be a part of all those sibling moments and that I could have seen the bonds between the three of them, but I’m grateful for the moments I do have, and grateful that Sophie and Thomas have each other.
Thomas (3 years 7 months)
- Enjoyed being able to go on a few rides for the first time on a day out at Legoland. I think Scarab Bouncers was his favourite.
- Loves going to various different parks with Mummy while Sophie is at school.
- Enjoyed going to his first party with friends from preschool.
- Is starting to write letters, words and numbers and mark-making has become much more interesting as a result!
- Loves pointing out door numbers and reading signs when out for a walk.
Sophie (8 years 4 months)
- Took part in her second dance festival and won a gold medal for her solo tap routine.
- Has started learning a new solo song and dance routine.
- Had a lovely half-term and enjoyed catching up with family, a day out at Legoland and getting to join in with Thomas’s TinyTalk class.
- Loved dressing up as Mary Poppins for World Book Day. She wants to take in the book I wrote for Jessica next year and dress up as her sister, which is lovely.
- Enjoyed going on her first school trip since Reception and spending a day at an outdoor activity centre.
Jessica (forever 6 years 7 months)
- It was lovely to see some ‘new’ photos and videos of Jessica recently thanks to my husband finding some I hadn’t seen on his phone, plus having a friend send some photos from Jessica’s time at Girls’ Brigade.