We’re on half-term this week. The thing I love most about half-term is having both my girls at home and watching them enjoying spending time together again. To sit and listen to them playing with their toys and really using their imaginations is such a joy. They are much happier playing together during the weekends and holidays than in the afternoons during term-time. When they are both home after school, they are tired and more likely to squabble with each other. It’s amazing how much more nicely they play together when they are well rested!
Jessica (5 years 5 months)
- Got her silver reading raccoon certificate for having read 50 books.
- Had fun making cupcakes to take to church for all her friends in Girls’ Brigade.
- Loves watching Numberblocks on CBeebies.
- Was very excited about visiting Stonehenge recently having seen it on Go Jetters.
- Needed new glasses and was very excited about going to the “glasses shop” to choose them.
Sophie (3 years 3 months)
- Was awarded the Jack Adams/Richard Elloway trophy for being the youngest person to journey from Land’s End to John O’Groats in 2016.
- Loves her new monkey hat – perfect for my cheeky little monkey!
- Loves to help me with the grocery shopping. We have to have one of the baskets on wheels so she can pull it around the shop. Then when we get to the till, she insists on emptying it herself and handing each item to the cashier.
- Has been making me laugh with her dance moves – not quite sure where the twerking has come from but it’s very funny to watch.
- Is enjoying preschool and is starting to make some new friends. I love that she comes out of preschool and chats to me about what she has been doing. I assumed she would be like Jessica and it would be hard to get any information out of her!