One of the many things I love about blogging is being able to use it to record all the little moments and the milestones as my girls grow up. As my blog is updated so frequently, it also provides a useful reference for looking back especially for those moments when I remember to update the ‘little red book’ for the girls. With Jessica, I was much better at recording the moments as they happened; with Sophie I tend to record them via my blog, or my phone and then remember to update the various books later. I use an app called ‘Tweekaboo’ which I can add photos, videos and notes to just to briefly record the moments as they happen so I can look back later.
Other than my blog and my phone, these are some of the other ways I use to record the moments and store memories:
- Baby record book – I think most mums probably have one of these (and I suspect a fair few of us have them only half-filled too!). Jessica’s is filled in fully with photos whereas Sophie’s has a lot of blank spaces which I intend to fill in at some stage (thank goodness for having those moments recorded elsewhere!)
- Photo albums – I love printing out photos and putting them in an album although these days I tend to find it easier and quicker to order photo books with the photos printed inside instead. I also use the self-adhesive photo albums as scrapbooks and use this to display new baby cards, christening cards, birthday cards or other mementoes.
- Memory boxes – Both the girls have quite full memory boxes, containing the cards that haven’t yet been scrapbooked, a lock of baby hair, a journal that I filled in during my pregnancies which each of them, their baptism certificates and various other items with memories attached.
- Birthday books – I came across the idea of birthday books earlier this year and loved the idea of using them to write the girls a letter each on their birthday. Although Jessica’s first handwritten letter is for her third birthday, I have posted the blog entry I wrote on her blog for her two previous birthdays so she will still have a birthday book which covers her first birthday onwards.
- Birthday videos – I love creating videos with slideshows of photos and various video clips from the past year for the girls’ birthdays and for hubby on his birthday or on Father’s Day. It’s a lovely way of being able to look back and see our family growing and our girls growing up.
Online, I love linking up with Lucy at Dear Beautiful for her monthly Siblings photo project and sharing a few photos of my girls together each month – it’s a lovely way of remembering to record those sibling moments and being able to look back at how much they change over time.
What ways do you have of recording your child’s milestones and special moments?